Sunday 4 March 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ariel Carreno and Mark Anthony Parrish.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
Starcrash, directed by Lewis Coates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stockard Channing in Just Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ozma Wars or Speed Freak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1979 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Ariel Carreno: Argentine football striker.
- Mark Anthony Parrish: American actor, producer, and social and liberal political activist.
- Neil Best: Irish rugby union footballer.
- Ariel Carreño: Argentinian footballer.
- Karima Delli: French politician.
- Ben Fouhy: New Zealand flatwater canoeist
- Jon Fratelli: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Fratellis and Codeine Velvet Club)
- Günter Friesenbichler: Austrian footballer
- Trenton Hassell: American basketball player
- Geoff Huegill: Australian Olympic swimmer
- Vyacheslav Malafeev: Russian football goalkeeper
- Sarah Stock: Canadian professional wrestler
- Paul Terry: English footballer
- Gladys McConnell: American movie actress and aviatrix (Born 1905).
- Mike Patto: (Michael Thomas McCarthy), English vocalist and front man for The Bow Street Runners (Born 1942).
- Harry Hopkinson: British yodeler (Born 1902).
- Robert John Sinclair: 1st Baron Sinclair of Cleeve, British businessman and public servant (Born 1893).
- Willi Unsoeld: American mountaineer and educator (d. 1979).
- Grand Tour closes at Palace Theater NYC after 61 performances
- 200th episode of All in the Family
- Sally Little wins LPGA Bent Tree Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?