Saturday 4 March 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erin Heatherton and Bradley Middleton.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 007: Licence to Kill or Dangerous Seed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1989 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:04 March
- Tiny Grimes: American jazz and R&B guitarist (Born 1916).
- Eastern Airlines machinists strike
- Javier Sotomayor high jumps indoor world record (2.43 metre).
- Time, Inc. and Warner Communications announce plans for a merger, to form Time Warner.
- Actress Phoebe Cates marries actor Kevin Kline.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?