Tuesday 4 March 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Nicholas Stoller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 4 March 2008 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 March
- Tina Lagostena Bassi: Italian lawyer, Italian deputy for Forza Italia party, showoman and writer (Born 1926).
- Robert Bruning: Australian actor and producer (Born 1928).
- Elena Nathanael: Greek film actress (Born 1941).
- Semka Sokolovic-Bertok: Yugoslavian-born Croatian actress (Born 1935).
- George Walter: former Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda (Born 1928).
- Leonard Rosenman: American composer and conductor (d. 2008)
- Brett Favre, quarterback of the Green Bay Packers announces his retirement from the NFL after 17 years.
- United States presidential election, Super Tuesday II:
- Arizona Senator John McCain wins the Vermont, Texas, Rhode Island, and Ohio Republican primaries, giving him enough delegates to be able to win the Republican Party nomination. (MSNBC)
- Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee withdraws his candidacy. (CNN)
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins the Vermont Democratic primary. (MSNBC)
- New York Senator Hillary Clinton wins the Rhode Island, Ohio, and Texas Democratic primaries. (ABC News)
- At least four people are killed and 14 injured in a suicide bombing at a naval college in the Pakistani city of Lahore. (BBC News)
- United States Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Dan Fried estimates that Kosovo will need about $2 billion in foreign aid to become economically viable, and says that the United States will participate in a major donors' conference on Kosovo in June. (Reuters)
- India wins cricket's Commonwealth Bank Series in Australia. (BBC Sport)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?