Wednesday 4 March 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
Knowing, directed by Alex Proyas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 March 2009 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 March
- Joseph Bloch: American concert pianist (Born 1917).
- John Cephas: American Piedmont blues guitarist (Born 1930).
- Yvon Cormier: Canadian professional wrestler (Born 1938).
- Harry Parkes: English footballer (Born 1920).
- Salvatore Samperi: Italian film director (b 1944).
- The International Criminal Court (ICC) issues an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. Al-Bashir is the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002.
- The US government launches a US$75 billion foreclosure relief plan, part of a US$275 billion housing stimulus program announced last month.
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez orders the nationalization of United States-based food company Cargill. (CNN)
- A riot at a prison near Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, kills at least 20 inmates and injures seven others. (AP via ''IHT'')
- Gordon Brown becomes the United Kingdom's fifth Prime Minister to address a joint session of the U.S. Congress. (BBC)
- President Nicolas Sarkozy and eight other top French politicians receive death threats. (BBC)
- China plans to increase its military budget by 14.9% in 2009. (Xinhua News)
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas meet in the West Bank. (BBC)
- President Asif Ali Zardari says Pakistan will not negotiate with the ampquotextremist Taliban and terrorists.ampquot (BBC)
- The International Committee of the Red Cross warns of an impending humanitarian crisis in northeastern Sri Lanka as civil war continues. (BBC)
- Independent Television reports a loss of £2.7 billion for 2008 and will cut 600 jobs. (BBC)
- Ukraine's Security Service raids Naftogas's headquarters in Kiev. (Sky News)
- British-Norwegian cruise line Fred Olsen's cruise ship ''Balmoral'' escapes a Somali pirate attack in the Gulf of Aden. (''USA Today'') amp!-- The firm is listed as British in the source, but has British headquarters and Norwegian ownership, so far as I can tell. --amp
- The Netherlands' Safety Board finds that Turkish Airlines Flight 1951 crash-landed near Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport because of a faulty altimeter. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?