Sunday 4 March 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
The Babymakers, directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 4 March 2012 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 March
- A series of explosions are reported at a munitions dump in Brazzaville, the capital of the Republic of the Congo, with at least 250 people dead.
- The People's Republic of China announces plans to increase defense spending by 11.2 per cent in 2012. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- The cleanup continues in the US after tornadoes that claimed at least 39 lives. (BBC)
- A man dies in floodwaters near the Australian town of Araluen, New South Wales, with the hospital in the town of Numurkah, Victoria, being evacuated. (''Herald Sun'')
- A report finds that 160 children from the Chinese town of Dongtang in Guangdong Province's Renhua County are suffering from lead poisoning. (Reuters)
- The death toll from the train crash in Poland rises to 16. (''New York Times'')
- A truck accident in Guinea kills at least 50 people and injures 20, according to Agence France Presse. (BBC)
- A hunt is underway for a thief who stole the heart of Saint Laurence O'Toole at Christ Church Cathedral in Dublin. (''The Guardian'')
- Paul McBride QC, Scotland's most senior lawyer, is found dead in a hotel room while on a visit to Pakistan. (BBC)
- Voters in Russia go to the polls for a presidential election with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin claiming victory despite allegations of voter fraud. (AP via Fox News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?