Tuesday 4 May 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sherlock Holmes IV, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1909 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Jeroom Verten: [Jozef F Vermetten] Flemish playwright.
- Howard Da Silva [Silverblatt]: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Ben Franklin-1776).
- Henri Filhoulaud: Limoges physician.
- André Hambourg: French impressionist, whose numerous works have earned international acclaim.
- Pierre Satre: French aviator and industrial engineer, designer of the Caravelle airplane.
- Howard Da Silva: American actor, director and musical performer on stage, film, television and radio. He was cast in dozens of productions on the New York stage, appeared in more than two dozen television programs, and acted in more than fifty feature films. Adept at both drama and musicals on the stage, he appeared in the original 1943 run of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Oklahoma!, and also portrayed the prosecuting attorney in the 1957 stage production of Compulsion. Da Silva was nominated for a 1960 To
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In Those Good Old Country Days - Harry Tally
- Roses Bring Dreams of You - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?