Friday 4 May 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Toner and Marcelle Arnold.
Il destino di un trovatello, directed by Victor Tarasco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1917 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Edward Toner: Cone composer.
- Marcelle Arnold: French actress, also known as Mireille Arnold, who had a talent for playing spinsters such as the sister of Bourvil in "Le Passe-Muraille" (1951).
- Nick Joaquin: Filipino writer, historian and journalist.
- Allicia Lizarraga: Outstanding Peruvian singer, whose diverse themes were played by prominent Latin American singers, was known as "La Cholita Linda of Peru.
- Edward Cone: American pianist and composer (d. 2004).
- Arabs sack Tel Aviv.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Sweet Long Ago - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- Marche Slave, Part 1 - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?