Tuesday 4 May 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1943 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Daniel Lebègue: French government official, who served as an administrator of finances and the economy.
- Jacques Milliez: French physician, professor and novelist.
- Georgi Asparuhov: Bulgarian footballer (d. 1971).
- Mihail Chemiakin: Russian painter and sculptor.
- Prasanta Pattanaik: Indian economist and academic.
- Mikhail Chemiakin: Russian painter
- Nickolas Ashford in Fairfield: South Carolina, USA; singer (Ashford and Simpson - "Solid as a Rock").
- NL Ford Frick demonstrates revised balata ball to reporters by bouncing it on his office carpet ball proves to be 50% livelier
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?