Wednesday 4 May 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1949 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Monika Demenga: Foundator of a puppet theatre in Berne.
- Stella Parton: American country music singer.
- Sybil Danning [Danninger]: Weis, Austria -- Actress (Chained Heat).
- Graham Swift: English author.
- John Force: American race car driver.
- Zal Cleminson: rocker (Alex Harvey Band).
- Gerrit J: P van Otterloo; Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Régis Koetschet: French diplomat who served as Consul General of France in Jerusalem (2002–2005).
- Air crash at Turijn (whole Torino-soccer team survives).
- The entire Torino football team (except for two players who did not take the trip: Sauro Toma, due to an injury and Renato Gandolfi, because of coach request) is killed in a plane crash at the Superga hill at the edge of Turin, Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?