Thursday 4 May 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1950 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Faith Wallis: Canadian educator, a Professor of Medieval Studies at McGill University, specializing in the history of medicine and science from the medieval period including a study of time-reckoning and the history of calendars.
- Darryl Hunt: English bass player (The Pogues and Plummet Airlines).
- Hilly Hicks in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Roll Out, Roots).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Bewitched - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- Mindy Carson - My Foolish Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?