Monday 4 May 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Goran Prpic and Monica Bardem.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello, Dolly! by Louis Armstrong.
Black Sabbath, directed by Mario Bava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1964 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Goran Prpic: in Yugoslavia; tennis star.
- Monica Bardem: Spanish actress.
- Rocco Siffredi: Italian actor in porno films, noted for 10" or more in his job description.
- Mónica Bardem: Spanish actress.
- Silvia Costa: Cuban high jumper.
- Zsuzsa Mathe: Hungarian painter and visual artist, founder of transrealism
- Terje Isungset: Norwegian percussionist (Isglem Ice Music Festival)
- Another World andAs the World Turns premieres on TV
- KIII TV channel 3 in Corpus Christi, TX (ABC) begins broadcasting
- 70 GATT-countries confer in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Richard Hofstadter (Anti-intellectualism).
- The United States Congress recognized Bourbon whiskey as a quotdistinctive product of the United Statesquot.
- Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 crashes near San Ramon, California, killing all 44 aboard the FBI later reports that a cockpit recorder tape indicates that the pilot and co-pilot had been shot by a suicidal passenger.
- At a mail rockets demonstration by Gerhard Zucker on Hasselkopf Mountain near Braunlage (Lower Saxonia, Germany), 3 persons are killed by a rocket explosion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Danny Williams - White On White
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?