Thursday 4 May 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Puppet On A String by Sandie Shaw was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1967 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Derek MacCready: Canadian Football League defensive tackle (Edmonton Eskimos).
- John Child in East York: Ontario, USA; beach volleyball player (Olympics-bronze-1996).
- Matthew Crane in Kimberton: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Matt Cory - Another World).
- Kate Garraway: English GMTV Presenter.
- Ana Gasteyer: American actress and singer.
- Bengt Axel von Torne: Composer, dies at 75.
- Lunar Orbiter 4 launched by US; begins orbiting Moon May 7.
- Lunar Orbiter 4 is launched by the United States.
- Dr. Zakir Hussain is the first Muslim to become president of India.
- Four hundred students seize the administration building at Cheyney State College, now Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, the oldest institute for higher education for African Americans.
- Hong Kong 1967 riots: Clashes between striking workers and police kill 51 and injure 800.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- The Spencer Davis Group - I'm A Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?