Thursday 4 May 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1989 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Henna Lindholm: Finnish figure skater.
- Aris Tatarounis: Greek basketball player.
- James van Riemsdyk: American ice hockey player.
- Rory McIlroy: Northern Irish golfer.
- US launches Magellan to Venus.
- US space shuttle STS-30 launched.
- Junior Felix of Toronto Blue Jays becomes 53rd to hit homerun on first at bat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?