Friday 4 May 1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Vogue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!, directed by Pedro Almodvar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while September by Rosamunde Pilcher was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1990 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Matthias Cuntz: German footballer.
- Gabriel Barreto: American noted family, the son of actress Amy Irving and her husband, Brazilian film director Bruno Barreto.
- Sawyer Hartman: YouTube Star.
- Elliott Gruenberg: Guitarist.
- Danny Wilkin: Bassist.
- Irina Falconi: American tennis player
- Angela Bowie reveals that ex husband David slept with Mick Jagger
- Oriole Gregg Olson sets relief pitcher rec of 41 cons scoreless inns
- Pakistan beats Australia by 36 runs to win Austral-Asia Cup, Sharjah.
- Latvia proclaims the renewal of its independence after the Soviet occupation.
- Cold War: Latvia declares independence from the Soviet Union.
- May 6–13 – Pope John Paul II visits Mexico.
- Cold War: Estonia restores the formal name of the country, the Republic of Estonia, as well as the state emblems (the coat of arms, the flag and the anthem).
- Rafael Ángel Calderón Fournier assumes office as President of Costa Rica.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Janet Jackson - Alright
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?