Thursday 4 May 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 2006 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 May
- A large meteor shower crosses over El Paso, Texas, USA.
- Violence continues during the police raids of San Salvador Atenco, Mexico.
- Manasseh Sogavare is elected Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands, following Snyder Rini's brief period in office. Sogavare was previously prime minister from 2000 to 2001. (ABC)
- In Israel, a new Cabinet under Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is sworn in. (BBC)
- A tsunami warning was issued for Fiji and New Zealand following a magnitude 7.9 earthquake in Tonga which occurred at 15:26 UTC (04:26 May 4, local time). The warning was canceled when it was found that the earthquake did not produce a tsunami. (Pacific Tsunami Warning Center)
- Picasso's ''Dora Maar With Cat'' is sold in an auction for US$95,216,000, becoming one of the most expensive paintings in the world. (BBC)
- Shahrir Abdul Samad resigns as chairman of the Barisan Nasional Backbenchers Club in the Parliament of Malaysia, after a motion to refer a Member of Parliament implicated in a corruption scandal to the ''Dewan Rakyat'' House Rights and Privileges Committee failed. (The Sun)
- British Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labour Party suffers one of its worst electoral defeats, losing more than 200 council seats in the 2006 UK local elections, and coming third in total votes, behind the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats. (BBC)
- The latest update is the 2006 Red List. It evaluates 40,168 species as a whole, plus an additional 2,160 subspecies, varieties, aquatic stocks, and subpopulations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?