Tuesday 4 May 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night or Civilization V.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 2010 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 May
- 13 inches of rain falls on Nashville, Tennessee, over two days, close to doubling the previous rainfall record. A levee protecting the southern park of the city is breached, causing parts of Nashville to be evacuated. 17 deaths are killed in Tennessee, mostly from drowning in flash floods.
- ''Nude, Green Leaves and Bust'' by Pablo Picasso sells in New York for US$106.5 million, setting another new world record for a work of art sold at auction.
- Thailand's Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and anti-government ampquotRed Shirtampquot protesters reach a qualified agreement to hold general elections in November, but questions over the dissolution of parliament prevent an end to the two-month standoff in central Bangkok. (AP)
- Former Argentine President Néstor Kirchner is unanimously elected the first Secretary General of the Union of South American Nations (Unasur) at a heads of state summit held in Campana, Argentina. Semana (Colombia)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents arrest Faisal Shahzad, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Pakistan, in connection with the attempted car bombing in Times Square as he tried to flee the country. (''USA Today'')
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull eruption:
- Flights in and out of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are grounded for several hours. (BBC News)
- The Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico causes slowing shipping and increased prices for gasoline, food and other items in the United States. (MSNBC)
- A new European Jewish group, JCall, supported by thousands of European Jews is founded to lobby for a resolution to the Middle East conflict. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 10 people die and 14 are injured in a fire at a dormitory for railway workers in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Dozens of people are injured when panic breaks out at the Remembrance of the Dead in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. (NOS)
- Experts announce a rescue plan intended to preserve the existence of the endangered snubfin dolphin, the only dolphin unique to Australia. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?