Monday 4 November 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Trespasser, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1929 ?
- Leopold Gratz: Austrian politician, a member of the Austrian Social Democratic Party.
- Charles Baxter: American medical doctor, who was one of the doctors who unsuccessfully tried to save John F. Kennedy after he was shot in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963.
- de Galard: Tendron Journalist.
- Anastasios of Albania : Greek-Albanian archbishop.
- Emilio Bermúdez: Spanish clown singer and accordion player (d. 2012).
- Shaike Ophir: Israeli actor and screenwriter (d. 1987)
- Dickie Valentine: English singer guitarist and actor (d. 1971)
- Jimmy Piersall baseball player (Boston Red Sox: Washington Senators, Cleveland Indians).
- Henry Gault: Pacy sur Eure EXecutives
- Shakuntala Devi: Indian writer and mental calculator, popularly known as the "human computer". A child prodigy, her talents eventually earned her a place in the 1982 edition of The Guinness Book of World Records.
- Henri Gault: French food journalist and co-founder of the Gault Millau guides, who invented the phrase "nouvelle cuisine", though later he claimed to regret it.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 November 1929 and get them!