Saturday 4 November 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Allegheny Uprising, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1939 ?
- Shakuntala Devi: Indian calculating prodigy.
- Jean-Paul Dollé: French philosopher and writer.
- Gail Haley: American author and illustrator.
- Michael Meacher: English academic and politician Secretary of State for the Environment Transport and the Regions (d. 2015).
- Charles Arnold Tournemire: Composer, dies at 69.
- 1st air conditioned automobile (Packard) exhibited, Chicago, Illinois
- US allows cash & carry arms sales during WWII
- 1940 Olympics awarded to Helsinki, Finland.
- First air-conditioned automobile (Packard) exhibited, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- In the United States, Congress amends the 1937 Neutrality Act, allowing belligerent nations to buy American arms for cash if they provide the transport.
- World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders the United States Customs Service to implement the Neutrality Act of 1939, allowing cash-and-carry purchases of weapons by belligerents.
- ''Hedda Hopper's Hollywood'' debuts on radio with Hollywood gossip columnist Hedda Hopper as host (the show runs until 1951, making Hopper a powerful figure in the Hollywood elite).
- WWII ndash Sonderaktion Krakau: Germans take action against scientists from the University of Kraków and other Kraków universities at the beginning of WWII.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?