Saturday 4 November 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
King Solomon's Mines, directed by Compton Bennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1950 ?
- Markie Post [Marjorie] in Palo Alto: California, USA; actress (Christine - Night Court).
- Charles Frazier: American author.
- Nik Powell: English businessman co-founded Virgin Group.
- Markie Post: TV Actress.
- Grover Cleveland Alexander: American baseball player (Born 1887).
- Barrier closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 4 performances
- Consul closes at Barrymore Theater NYC after 269 performances
- Indonesian troops reconquer Ambonese capital Ambon
- US troops vacate Pyongyang North Korea
- The United Nations ends the diplomatic isolation of Spain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?