Sunday 4 November 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Macchio in Huntington and Jeff Probst.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Lovesick Blues by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mutiny on the Bounty, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jedermannstraße 11.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1962 ?
- Ralph Macchio in Huntington: New York, USA; actor (Karate Kid, Eight is Enough).
- Jeff Probst: American television host.
- Arvo Volmer: Estonian conductor.
- Murle Lindstrom wins LPGA San Antonio Civitan Golf Tournament
- In a test of the Nike-Hercules air defense missile, Shot Dominic-Tightrope is successfully detonated 69,000 feet above Johnston Island. It would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test conducted by the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?