Wednesday 4 November 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, directed by Niels Arden Oplev, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 November 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 November
- Hubertus Brandenburg: Swedish Roman Catholic bishop (Born 1923).
- Rebel Houthis in Yemen cross the border into Saudi Arabia, killing a Saudi security officer and injuring 11 others. (''The Times'')
- The Israeli navy intercepts the , a ship alleging to have Iranian weapons bound for Hezbollah in Lebanon. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- The Cambodian government announces that ousted Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra has been appointed as a government adviser. (AFP)
- Iranian protesters mark the 30th anniversary of the takeover of the U.S. embassy in Tehran. There are also clashes between security forces and anti-government demonstrators. (BBC)
- The United Nations General Assembly debates on whether to endorse the Goldstone report on the Gaza War. (''New York Times'')
- The death toll from Typhoon Mirinae in Vietnam rises to at least 90. (VietnamNet)
- An Italian court convicts 22 CIA agents and 2 Italian agents over the kidnap of Muslim cleric Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr in Milan in 2003, in the first court case challenging the CIA's ampquotextraordinary renditionampquot programme. (CNN)
- United States officials meet Aung San Suu Kyi and the Burmese Prime Minister Thein Sein in rare talks. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The President of Sierra Leone Ernest Bai Koroma sacks two senior ministers on charges of corruption. (Reuters Africa)
- Italian politicians and the Vatican condemn a ruling by the European Court of Human Rights that says having a crucifix in a classroom is a breach of human rights. (Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
- Around 700 people are injured in two earthquakes in southern Iran. (''Times of India'')
- China approves a Disney theme park in Shanghai after a decade of negotiations. (''China Daily'')
- Australia and New Zealand expel Fiji's top diplomats in response to the decision of the Government of Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama to expel senior Australian and New Zealand diplomats from Fiji. (AFP via Google News)
- A fire at a warehouse in Huwei Yunlin County, Taiwan, destroys between 400 and 500 historic puppets. (Reuters India)
- Eight children drown after a boat carrying 35 pupils capsizes in Kerala, southern India. (Xinhua)
- Michael Bloomberg wins a third term as Mayor of New York City. (Politico)
- Chris Christie wins the position of Governor of New Jersey, defeating incumbent Jon Corzine. (CNN)
- Bill Owens wins the New York 23rd congressional district special election. (CQ Politics)
- Voters in the U.S. state of Maine reject a law allowing same-sex marriage to occur in their state. (''New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 November 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?