Wednesday 4 October 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1916 ?
- Owen Tudor Williams: Civil Engineer.
- Vitaly Ginzburg: Russian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009).
- Jan Murray: American comedian actor and game show host (d. 2006).
- George Sidney: American director and producer (d. 2002).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Refrain - Fritz Kreisler
- Tales of Hoffman: Barcolle (Belle Nuit - Oh Night of Love - John McCormack
- Have a Heart - Ziegfeld Follies of 1915 Medley - Conway's Band
- Welcome, Honey, to Your Old Plantation Home - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 1916 and get them!