Friday 4 October 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Forbidden City, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1918 ?
- Giovanni Cheli: Italian ecclesiastic and Roman Catholic theologian.
- Kenichi Fukui: Japanese chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1998).
- Musical Sometime with Mae West premieres in New York City
- An explosion kills more than 100 and destroys the T.A. Gillespie Company Shell Loading Plant in Sayreville, New Jersey. Fires and explosions continue for three days forcing massive evacuations and spreading ordnance over a wide area, pieces of which were still being found in 2007.
- Wilhelm II of Germany forms a new more liberal government to sue for peace.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Garden of My Dreams - Charles Hart
- When We Meet in the Sweet Bye and Bye - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?