Friday 4 October 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1929 ?
- Pierre Dizabo: France sport Champion.
- Scott Beckett: American child actor from the age of three who played with Hollywood greats in top films before he was 10.
- Leroy Van Dyke in Spring Fork: Missouri, USA; country singer ("Walk on By").
- Scotty Beckett: Oakland, California -- Actor (Listen Darling, Battleground).
- John Mack: American psychiatrist and author (d. 2004).
- Leroy Van Dyke: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mack E: American psychiatrist, Harvard Medical School professor and Pulitzer-Prize winner, Mack died in an automobile accident in London on September 27, 2004 where he had been attending a conference on T. E. Lawrence. Lawrence is the subject of Mack's psychoanalytic account, "A Prince of Our Disorder: The Life of T. E. Lawrence" which won the 1977 Pulitzer Prize for biography. Mack was struck by a car while crossing a street and was pronounced dead at the scene. A multi-faceted person, Mack was active
- John Metzelaar: Dutch / US writer (Report on the Fishes), dies at 37.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 1929 and get them!