Tuesday 4 October 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1949 ?
- Armand Assante: American actor and producer.
- Stephen Gyllenhaal: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Marion Pruett: American spree killer (Born 1949).
- Armand Assante in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Private Benjamin, Unfaithfully Yours).
- Henri Poncet: French military officer, a general who conducted several operations in Africa, particularly in Rwanda and Côte d'Ivoire.
- Brynn Thayer: TV Actress
- Godfrey Mwakikagile: Tanzanian scholar, writer and specialist in African studies.
- Luigi Bonino: Italian ballet dancer in the Egri group, a soloist from 1965. He danced with various Italian companies, in TV productions and, from 1973-1975, with the Cullberg Ballet. From that time on, Bonino danced with Petit's Ballet de Marseilles. He was awarded the Positano Dance Prize in 1973.
- Edmund Eysler: Austrian composer, dies at 75.
- American Contract Bridge League votes 58.5 percent to keep blacks out.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?