Tuesday 4 October 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Orseno and John Rutherford.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crusader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1955 ?
- Joe Orseno: Race horse trainer.
- John Rutherford: Scottish rugby player.
- Jorge Valdano: Argentinian footballer coach and manager.
- Alexander Papagos: Greek general and politician 152nd Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1955).
- Rev Sun Young Moon leaves prison in Seoul
- Brooklyn Dodgers only World Series victory, beating New York Yankees in 7 (World Series #52).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands
- The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
- Gogi Grant - Suddenly There's A Valley
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?