Tuesday 4 October 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Anglin in Adrian and Francesco Baccini.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The 39 Steps, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1960 ?
- Jennifer Anglin in Adrian: Michigan, USA; actress (Cheryl - General Hospital).
- Francesco Baccini: Italian singer-songwriter, who made his official debut in 1988 with the stage name Espressione Musica, with "Mamma dammi i soldi", the closing theme song of the 38th edition of the Sanremo Music Festival.
- Joe Boever: American baseball player.
- Henry Worsley: English colonel and explorer (d. 2016).
- Courier 1B launched; first active repeater satellite in orbit.
- Eastern Air Lines Flight 375, a Lockheed L-188 Electra, crashes after a bird strike on takeoff from Boston's Logan International Airport, killing 62 of 72 on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?