Wednesday 4 October 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
King of Kings, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1961 ?
- Melissa Galt: American noted family, daughter of actress anne baxter & husb b. randolph galt; great granddaughter of architect frank lloyd wright.
- David Harper: American actor.
- Philippe Russo: French singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Kazuki Takahashi: Japanese author and illustrator created Yu-Gi-Oh!.
- David W Harper in Abilene: Texas, USA; actor (Jim Bob - Waltons).
- Metropolitan Benjamin (Fedchenkov): Orthodox missionary and writer, Exarch of Russian Church in North America (Born 1880).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bob Moore - Mexico
- Bobby Darin - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- The Dovells - Bristol Stomp
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?