Thursday 4 October 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Long Day's Journey Into Night, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1962 ?
- Marc Minkowski: French conductor of classical music, especially known for his interpretations of French Baroque works.
- Carlos Carsolio: Mexican mountaineer.
- Jon Secada: Cuban-American singer-songwriter.
- Aldo Sprenger: Dutch pop guitarist (Kong-Phlegm).
- Dennis Cook: Lamarque, Texas -- Pitcher (Texas Rangers).
- Agnès Cromback: French business executive, the president of the jewellery companies Tiffany & Co in France and Benelux.
- John Lowry: Mount Vernon NY, NYC builder, dies at 79.
- USAF Maj Robert A Rushworth takes X-15 to 32,300m
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Jimmy Clanton - Venus In Blue Jeans
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?