Friday 4 October 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1963 ?
- A Green: American basketball player.
- Koji Ishikawa: Japanese author and illustrator.
- A C Green: NBA forward (Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks).
- Bruce Ruffin: Lubbock, Texas -- Pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Patti Berendt: San Diego, California -- LPGA golfer (1995 Star Bank Classic-24th).
- Gambia achieves full internal self-government.
- Hurricane Flora, one of the worst Atlantic storms in history, hits Hispaniola and Cuba killing nearly 7,000 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 1963 and get them!