Sunday 4 October 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1964 ?
- Peter Florence: English actor founded the Hay Festival.
- Sarah Lancashire: English actress and director.
- Francis Magalona: Filipino rapper producer actor and director (d. 2009).
- Yvonne Murray: Scottish runner who, as a champion of track and field, was also a gold medallist at the Commonwealth European Games.
- Mark McLemore: San Diego, California -- Infielder (Texas Rangers).
- Matthew Cetlinski: US 400m freestyle swimmer
- 10th LPGA Championship won by Mary Mills
- 3 cars of a commuter train derails in South Africa killing 81
- Italian Autostrada del Sol opens at Milan-Naples
- Phils bomb Reds 10-0 as both teams finish one game behind St. Louis
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?