Monday 4 October 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Bedford Incident, directed by James B. Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1965 ?
- Olaf Backasch: German footballer.
- Skip Heller: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Micky Ward: American boxer.
- Pickwick opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 56 performances
- USSR launches Luna 7; crash lands on Moon
- Becoming the first Pope to ever visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere, Pope Paul VI arrives in New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 1965 and get them!