Sunday 4 October 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1970 ?
- Amanda Lee: Movie Actress.
- Brian Kozlowski: NFL halfback (Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants).
- Hency Charles: CFL defensive back (Montreal Alouettes).
- Lucy Nusrala: St. Louis, Missouri -- 5k runner.
- Ryan McNeil: NFL cornerback (Detroit Lions, St. Louis Rams).
- Kansas City Chiefs Jan Stenerud kicks 55-yard field goal
- Umps return after 1-day walkout in quest of higher wages
- WFYI TV channel 20 in Indianapolis, IN (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Herbert Schmidtz makes highest parachute jump from a tower by leaping from a 1,984-foot TV mast in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Edwin Starr - War
- Free - All Right Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?