Monday 4 October 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Boom! Shake The Room by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince was in the top 5 hits.
The Nightmare Before Christmas, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1993!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1993 ?
- Aidan Mitchell: American actor, he played the family's cross-dressing son in the popular FX cable TV series, "The Riches.
- Ali Brustofski: Pop Singer.
- Seanna Downey: American noted family, the daughter of talk show host Morton Downey, Jr.
- Fran Carlon: Dies of cancer at 80.
- Russian Constitutional Crisis: In Moscow, tanks bombard the White House, a government building that housed the Russian parliament, while demonstrators against President Boris Yeltsin rally outside.
- China performs a nuclear test, ending a worldwide ''de facto'' moratorium.
- The papal encyclical ''Veritatis Splendor'' is promulgated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
- SWV - Right Here (Human Nature)
- Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is
- Billy Joel - The River Of Dreams
- Janet Jackson - If
- UB40 - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Will You Be There
- Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
- Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?