Thursday 4 October 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apocalypse: Desire Next or Call for Heroes: Pompolic Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 October
- Qassem Al-Nasser: Jordanian General (Born 1925).
- United States Republican Party Senator Pete Domenici of New Mexico announces that he will retire at the end of his current term due to a degenerative brain disease. (AP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper chooses Mark Carney to succeed David Dodge as governor of the Bank of Canada. (Bloomberg)
- The recording industry wins a key victory with a court in the U.S. state of Minnesota finding that a woman was liable for damages of $220,000 for sharing copyrighted music online through Kazaa. (USA Today)
- Family members of deceased ''de facto'' president of Chile Augusto Pinochet are arrested in Santiago on charges of embezzlement. (BBC)
- Republican Party Senator Larry Craig from Idaho vows to serve out his term in the United States Senate despite losing a court bid to rescind a guilty plea for an indecent act in a Minneapolis Airport men's room. (AP via the Guardian)
- India asks neighboring Myanmar to free Aung San Suu Kyi. (Times of India)
- Bangladesh Supreme Court denies bail to former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia in a corruption and extortion case against her.
- An Africa One Antonov An-26 cargo plane crashes into a residential area in Kinshasa, DR Congo. (Sky News)
- North Korea and South Korea agree to seek talks with the People's Republic of China and the United States to reach a permanent peace agreement to formally end the Korean War. (Reuters)
- Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian Federal Environment Minister, approves the Gunns Tamar Valley Pulp Mill but with an extensive list of conditions. (News Limited)
- A rescue operation begins for 3,200 gold miners trapped in Elandsrand, South Africa. All of the miners are eventually rescued leading to wild celebrations. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- A court case to challenge the overthrow of Laisenia Qarase's government of Fiji opens in Suva. (Radio New Zealand)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?