Monday 4 October 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 October
- Sir Norman Wisdom: English comedian, singer-songwriter and actor (Born 1915).
- 3 people killed in Pibor county of Jonglei state of Sudan. (Sudan Tribune)
- Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Three soldiers with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) were killed in separate attacks in Afghanistan's restive southern and eastern regions. (Xinhua)
- At least 8 people are killed by a CIA drone attack in Pakistan, with three to five of those killed being citizens of Germany. (BBC)
- Jewish settlers in the West Bank set fire to the Muslim Al-Anbiaa Mosque in Beit Fajjar area near the Palestinian city of Bethlehem. Its rug ground and some parts of the Qur'an are burnt and anti-Islamic and anti-Palestinian slogans are written. (BBC)
- War in Iraq
- 89 people are killed in violence in Baghdad and northern Iraq, including a journalist for a US-funded Al Hurra satellite television station. (IFEX)
- At least 1 person is killed in in a roadside bombing in Baghdad targeting a deputy minister of the country's government. (Al Jazeera)
- 5 Tajik policemen are killed in a clash in East Tajikistan. (Xinhua)
- 4 people, including two Central Reserve Police Force men, are killed and 2 others are injured in an evening landmine blast in the remote parts of South Gadchiroli. The attack is carried out by Maoists. (ZEE)
- TVNZ ''Breakfast'' race row: Video
- ''Breakfast'' tech commentator Ben Gracewood quits after describing Henry's comments as ampquotthe final strawampquot and saying ampquotI can't work with himampquot. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- The world's oldest known high altitude human settlement, estimated to be 49,000 years old, is uncovered near Kokoda, Papua New Guinea. (Radio Australia)
- Jonathan Evans, head of Britain's MI5, gives a rare interview, disclosing details of his love for classics and calling for wider availability of Latin and Greek in schools as, he claims, they are useful for spies. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- British comic actor and songwriter Sir Norman Wisdom dies in an Isle of Man nursing home. (''The Guardian'')
- The industrial dispute surrounding ''The Hobbit'' film project is mediated by New Zealand's Economic Development Minister Gerry Brownlee and Arts and Culture Minister Chris Finlayson. (BBC)
- Hundreds of people attend the public funeral of actor Tony Curtis who died last week. (BBC)
- 2001 Nobel laureate economist Joseph Stiglitz warns of a ampquotwave of austerityampquot set to sweep across Europe, triggering a new recession and the demise of the euro, and predicts Spain will enter a ampquotdeath spiralampquot - similar to that of Argentina a decade ago - when it is attacked by speculators. (AFP via ''The Age'')
- The Greek government announces additional harsher austerity measures in its 2011 draft budget. (BBC)
- Visa and Mastercard agreed to settle an antitrust lawsuit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice and the attorneys-general of seven states. They agreed to allow their participating merchants to steer customers toward lower-cost options. American Express will fight rather than agree to the terms, it said. (NPR)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?