Monday 4 September 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1939 ?
- Denis Lindsay: South African cricketer and referee (d. 2005).
- German submarine U-30 sinks British passenger ship Athenia
- German troops move into Danzig
- Netherlands and Belgium declare neutrality
- Polish ghetto of Mir is exterminated
- RAF bombs Wilhelmshafen
- World War II: a Bristol Blenheim is the first British aircraft to cross the German coast following the declaration of war and German ships are bombed.
- WWII: Nepal declares war on Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?