Thursday 4 September 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1941 ?
- Marilena Chaui: Brazilian philosopher.
- Marilena de Souza Chaui: Brazilian philosopher and academic.
- Ramesh Sethi: Kenyan cricketer and coach.
- Sushilkumar Shinde: Indian lawyer and politician 19th Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- Joanna Van Gyseghem: English actress.
- Ken Harrelson: American athlete, pro baseball player and news caster, Harrelson began his major league career in 1963 with the Kansas City Athletics. In 1967 he was traded to the Boston Red Sox and played in the All-Stars in 1968. A year later he was traded to Cleveland but broke his leg in 1970 and sat out most of the season. He retired a year later and took up golf but with little success,he returned to baseball. He became General Manager for the Chicago White Sox during 1986. In 1991 he began announcing for
- US destroyer Greer fires on German submarine U-652
- Yanks beat Red Sox 6-3 and clinch their 12th and earliest pennant
- New York Yankees beat Boston Red Sox 6-3 and clinch their 12th and earliest pennant.
- World War II: a German submarine makes the first attack against a United States ship, the USS Greer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?