Tuesday 4 September 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1945 ?
- Daniel Wood Gatton: Guitarist.
- Danny Gatton: US guitarist, commits suicide at 48.
- Bill Kenwright: English actor singer and producer.
- Ruben Fine wins four simultaneous rapid chess games blindfolded.
- US regains possession of Wake Island from Japan.
- Iva Toguri D'Aquino, a Japanese-American suspected of being wartime radio propagandist ampquotTokyo Roseampquot, is arrested in Yokohama.
- The Russian code clerk Igor Gouzenko comes forward with numerous documents implicating the Soviet Union in numerous spy rings in North America: both in the United States and in Canada.
- American troops occupy southern Korea, while the Soviet Union occupies the north, with the dividing line being the 38th parallel of latitude. This arrangement proves to be the indirect beginning of a divided Korea.
- Hideki Tōjō, Japanese prime minister during most of WWII, attempts suicide to avoid facing a war crimes tribunal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?