Friday 4 September 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1953 ?
- Janet Biehl: American philosopher and author.
- Michael Stean: English chess player and author.
- Fatih Terim: Turkish footballer and manager.
- Kengo Kimura [Takashi Kimura]: Wrestler (NJPW).
- Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Freddie - Welcome Back Kotter).
- WATR (now WTXX) TV channel 20 in Waterbury, CT (NBC) begins
- WGEM TV channel 10 in Quincy-Hannibal, IL (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Yanks become 1st team to win 5 consecutive championship
- The discovery of REM sleep is first published by researchers Eugene Aserinsky and Nathaniel Kleitman.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 September 1953 and get them!