Wednesday 4 September 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Shock Corridor, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1963 ?
- Donna Wilkins: Miami, Florida -- LPGA golfer (1987 S&H Golf Classic-5th).
- Bobby Jarzombek: American drummer (Halford Spastic Ink Fates Warning and Juggernaut).
- John Vanbiesbrouck: Detroit, Michigan -- NHL goalie (Team USA, Florida).
- Sami Yaffa: Finnish singer-songwriter and bass player (Hanoi Rocks New York Dolls Demolition 23 and Jetboy).
- Natacha Amal: Belgian actress (mainly French TV series), born to a Moroccan father and a Russian mother.
- Sam Yaffa: Finnish musician (Hanoi Rocks, New York Dolls)
- Anthony Sarro: American gang member, shot to death on 11/06/1995 along with his uncle Robert Luisi, 55 and his cousin Roman, 25 and family friend Anthony Pelosi, 53. His brother Richard was wounded. The Luisi family and the Clemente's had an enmity that had exploded in blows the prior night. On this occasion, the Sarro brothers and the Luisi's, all big, beefy men, entered the 99 Restaurant and found that Damian Clemente and his pal, Vincent Perez, were there eating. Damian called his dad, who arrived shortly.
- Robert Schuman: French conservative parliamentarian in the Third Republic, 1919-40, also served twice as Prime Minister of the Fourth Republic, 1947-48, MRP deputy, 1944-62 and Foreign Minister, 1948-53.
- Swissair Flight 306 crashes near Durrenasch, Switzerland, killing all 80 people on board.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?