Friday 4 September 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1964 ?
- Guy Boros: American professional golfer, a member of the PGA Tour.
- René Pape: German actor and singer.
- Aadesh Shrivastava: Indian singer-songwriter (d. 2015).
- Guy Donald Boros: Fort Laud, Florida -- PGA golfer (1994 Deposit Guaranty-3rd).
- Tomas Sandstrom: NHL forward (Anaheim, Team Sweden 1998).
- Rene Pape: German bass
- Stefania Dadda: Italian actress and director, known for playing the character of Elias in "I ragazzi della 3ª C."
- W Bergengruen: Writer, dies at 71.
- Eduardo Frei elected President of Chile
- Longest bridge in Europe opens (Scottish 4th Road Bridge)
- NASA launches its first Orbital Geophysical Observatory (OGO-1).
- African Development Bank (AfDB) founded.
- The third period of the Second Vatican Council opens.
- The London ''Daily Herald'' ceases publication, replaced by ''The Sun''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?