Friday 4 September 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Five Easy Pieces, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1970 ?
- Cari Read: Edmonton, Alberta -- Synchro swimmer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Janae Lautenschlager: Canoga Park, California -- Diver (1996 Olympics).
- Luis Lopez: Infielder (San Diego Padres).
- Jennifer Nakken in Cedar City: Utah, USA; Miss Utah-America (1991).
- Dave Buchwald: American hacker and film maker.
- Deni Hines: Afro-Australian singer fronting the popular band, "The Rockmelons," 1991-92, peaking with her song, "Ain’t No Sunshine." Hines has sung with and for such people as
- Ione Skye: British-born American actress, she was born to unwed parents. She is the alleged daughter of singer Donovan, but he denies it.
- Richard Speight: TV Actor
- Igor Cavalera: Brazilian drummer (Sepultura and Cavalera Conspiracy)
- Daisy Dee: Dutch singer and actress
- Sven Meyer: German footballer
- James M Taylor: USAF / Astronaut, dies at 39.
- Russian ballerina Natalia Makarova gets political asylum
- Salvador Allende wins presidential election in Chile
- George Harrison releases "My Sweet Lord" single.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Bread - Make It With You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?