Saturday 4 September 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1971 ?
- Brian Storey: Richmond, British Columbia -- 470 yachter (1996 Olympics).
- John Thierry: NFL defensive end (Chicago Bears).
- Monty Grow: NFL safety (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Tyrone Johnson: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Lilian Laslandes: French footballer, who was capped seven times and scored three goals for the French national team.
- Ty Longley: American victim of nightclub fire, Longley was the lead guitarist of the heavy metal band, Great White, whose pyrotechnics ignited the deadly fire in a Warwick, RI nightclub in which he perished. Longley had joined the band in the spring of 2000 after years of telemarketing, teaching guitar and playing with lesser known bands. Athletic as well as musical, he followed in his father's footsteps in two pursuits: running and playing guitar. Longley was also known as a good baseball player in the Ohi
- Lance Klusener: South African cricketer and coach
- Vaughn Ross: American murderer (d. 2013)
- Ione Skye: English-American actress
- Maik Taylor: German-Irish footballer and coach
- Anita Yuen: Hong Kong model and actress Miss Hong Kong 1990
- Alaskan 727 crashes into Chilkoot Mountain, kills 109 (Alaska).
- Alaska Airlines Flight 1866 crashes near Juneau, Alaska, killing all 111 people on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?