Wednesday 5 April 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Hamlet, directed by William G.B. Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1911 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Cratis Williams: American writer, the foremost scholar of and spokesperson for Appalachian life and literature and a pioneer of the Appalachian studies movement.
- Gordon Jones: Alden, Iowa -- Actor (Mike the Cop - Abbott and Costello).
- Goddard Lieberson Hanley Staffordshire England: recording executive.
- Waldorf W Aster acquires the Daily Observer.
- MCC tour match versus Jamaica finishes in a tie.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Addio (Good-Bye)
- I'm So Tired of Livin', I Don't Care When I Die - Arthur Collins
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?