Monday 5 April 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart May and Colin Powell in The Bronx.
Marked Woman, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Queue for Song.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1937 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Stuart May: senior partner (Theodore Goddard).
- Colin Powell in The Bronx: New York, USA; General/advisor to President George Bush (National Security Affairs)/Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1989-93)/Secretary of State (2001-).
- Allan R Thieme: American inventor.
- Maggie Nalbandian: American astrologer and teacher.
- Colin Powell: American military hero for his leadership in the Gulf War in January 1991.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 April 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?