Wednesday 5 April 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1939 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Crispian St Peters: English singer (d. 2010).
- Crown Leka: Albanian royalty, the only son of King Zog I of the Albanians and his queen consort, born Countess Géraldine Apponyi de Nagyappony.
- Lonnie White: vocalist (Smokey Robinson and Miracles - "Shop Around").
- Andrew Buxton: CEO (Barclays Bank).
- David Winters: London, England -- Choreographer (Steve Allen Comedy Hour).
- Crispian Peters: English singer-songwriter (d. 2010)
- Ronald White: American singer-songwriter (The Miracles) (d. 1995)
- Membership in Hitler Youth becomes obligatory in Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?