Monday 5 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher S Nelson in New Orleans and Michael W Butler.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1954 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Christopher S Nelson in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Sons and Daughters).
- Michael W Butler: Computer programmer (created TODAY program).
- Stan Ridgeway: rocker (Mosquito - "Garage Sale").
- Laurence Galian: American Sufi, who is a dervish of the Halveti-Jerrahi Order from Istanbul, Turkey.
- Scott Nelson: American engineer who took a high-paying job with the Hospital Corporation of America and was sent to work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1984, monitoring the engineering equipment.
- Rick Rodriguez: American journalist, working for a metropolitan newspaper as an editor and columnist. He has been the Executive Editor of the Sacramento Bee since July 1998.
- Guy Bertrand: Canadian linguist and radio host
- Stan Ridgway: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Wall of Voodoo and Drywall)
- Peter Case: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Nerves and The Plimsouls)
- Claude Delvincourt: French composer and musician who studied under Widor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?