Saturday 5 April 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1958 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Johan Kriek: in South Africa; tennis player (US Indoor 1982).
- Diana Nasution: Indonesian singer.
- Lasantha Wickrematunge: Sri Lankan lawyer and journalist (d. 2009).
- Véronique Gaignard: French victim of the flight Rio-Paris.
- Cammie Lusko in Los Angeles: California, USA; Guinness' World's Strongest Woman.
- Daniel Schneidermann: French journalist, who focuses on the analysis of televised media. He is mainly active in weekly columns—-in the past in Le Monde and presently in Libération—-and on a television show: Arrêt sur images ("Freeze-frame"), broadcast by the public TV channel France 5. The television show was terminated in 2007 by France 5 direction, an incident that led to the creation of the Arret Sur Images web site.
- Jozef Brems: Flemish apostole vicar of Denmark, dies at age 87.
- Ripple Rock, an underwater threat to navigation in the Seymour Narrows in Canada is destroyed in one of the largest non-nuclear controlled explosions of the time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?