Sunday 5 April 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher ''Kid'' Reid and Robert "Bob" Kaehler in Burlingame.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
Paris When It Sizzles, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Drehscheibe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1964 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Christopher ''Kid'' Reid: American rapper (Kid 'n Play).
- Robert "Bob" Kaehler in Burlingame: California, USA; rower (Olympics-5th-1992, 1996).
- Martha Faulconer in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; golfer (1993 ShopRite LPGA-5th).
- Marius Lacatus: Romanian footballer.
- Princess Erika: French singer.
- Christopher Reid: Rapper
- Steve Beaton: English darts player
- Erika: French singer-songwriter and actress
- Marius Lăcătuș: Romanian footballer and coach
- Douglas MacArthur: American military man who was the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in the Pacific in 1942.
- 1st driverless trains run on London Underground
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 April 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?